Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

My Weekend Recount


Beginning - this includes your hook. Start your recount with an exciting beginning that captures your audience interest levels
Last weekend I went to the pools with my whole family. It was so wonderful and exciting spending time with my family and friends from my old school like Yasmin and Dawt mi.




Ensure your recount covers the orientation: When, Where, Who, What, Why and How

Set your recount out in a clear logical order and in paragraphs

Write in the past tense

Use lots of adjectives - (describing words) personal thoughts and feelings

Language Features such as similes, metaphors, onomatopoeia

Use connectives
I went to the Pool’s on Sunday Afternoon at 5.00pm. I went with my Mum and Dad. I also went with my brothers and sister. The Pools I went to were the Jellicoe pools. It was really cool and while I was there with my friend Yasmin and Dawt mi we made a friend.

Her name was Brooke she was cool. Brooke’s sister made friends with my sister it was really funny. I felt really excited seeing my old friend and making a new friend because I haven't seen my old friends for ages. First thing I did at the pools was going into the warm pool.

Next we went in the outside pool it was really cold but a few minutes it got warm because we were in there for a while.

Then we had to go home and before I went I said goodbye but I didn’t want to go because I haven’t seen my friends in a long time. But I went and when I got inside I felt as lazy as a pig. So then I went to sleep and dreamed about me and my friends having so much fun at the park and us having a sleepover at each other's house.
Conclusion
Sums up how you felt about the experience.
I felt excited when I was at the pools because I got to see my friends and made a friend there to. I didn’t want to leave Yasmin and Dawt mi because ever since I was a little girl they will always be with me. That’s why I didn’t want to leave but I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment